We are a technology company working to revolutionize retail and storage. Our Robots eliminate the waste of space in warehouses, because they allow you to use all of the space. The full width, length, and height of a warehouse can be utilized. Stop airhousing - start warehousing.
To achieve this, we keep trying to hire geniuses and all their friends. Coders, salespeople, engineers, what have you. We understand that if technology is magic, then people are wizards. And wizards must be treated fairly. If you want to work in a place like this, then check our open positions.
We would love to have you on the team.
We believe in people. Dedicated teams of individuals united in a common goal can do great things. And to unite us, we work very hard to create a meaningful, inclusive, and inspiring company culture. To guide us, we've set down three "rules" on how to act. Bold, Lean and Transparent. Following these rules, we push each other to dare more, to be open and honest, and to cut out unnecessary bureaucracy.
All this to create a truly human-friendly environment, and our Robots are just going to have to deal with it.
“We are easy countryside people,” says CEO Karl Johan Lier. “We have always been very transparent and open, and quick at decision making. The culture is clearly based on a natural way to behave in the environment where we come from.”
Learn more about the AutoStore culture, listen to people share their thoughts on the culture and read the whole article produced by Softbank Visionfund.
A self-described "nerd" who enjoys tinkering with plastic. A blue-collar mechanic with a passion for electronics. A veteran salesperson looking for a hot new market. Here are team members from very different backgrounds who share one thing in common — they all found a home at AutoStore. Read their stories to find out why, and learn more about how the company's unique culture is a reflection of its headquarters, a rural Norwegian enclave with a quirky reputation in the global marketplace.
The United Nations. We're big fans. Their Sustainable Development Goals inform our work, and we've chosen four of them that we can influence the most through our daily work.
We review your application.
An initial chat, either on the phone or over video.
We give you a not-too-hard but not-too-easy task to complete, and ask you to prepare a short presentation along with an ability and personality test.
You present how you solved the task. We talk about your results, your motivation for working here, how you like your coffee, that sort of thing.
After considering everything from your skillset to favorite animal, we make an offer to the candidate we think will thrive the most here.
Can you ever! If you're qualified for more than one position (you mastermind), apply to you heart's content.
At the top of this page, click the "Open positions" button. That will take you to our WorkDay system where you can apply for any of the open positions.
If you don't see a position that suits you, but still think you will be great here, click the "Open Application" button at the bottom of this page. Then go about convincing us.
We always get back to you, but sometimes we struggle to respond immediately. That's just the nature of time, applicants vs. people looking at them what not. If you applied for a job with an application deadline, you'll hear from us once the deadline has passed.
In the WorkDay system, you can filter by location. We update these listings quite frequently, so don't despair if your favorite location is not hiring right now.
We prefer to hire people who'll be an asset to our culture. So, though some of the jobs require certain skills, we prefer to look for the right kinds of people. You can always train your skills.
Easier said than done, but: Be yourself. Our interviews are more informal conversations than anything else, because we want to get to know you, and for you to get to know us. Of course, we also want to hear how you've handled work-related challenges in the past, or how well you know the tools you use, so maybe reflect on that a bit.
You absolutely must wear clothes to work.
Our core working hours are 9-15, or 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for our 12-hour clock friends. You have 60/40 flexibility, which means we expect you to be in the office at least 60% of the time, and you can choose to work from home the remaining 40%. So 3 days office, 2 days home.
Absolutely. Let the recruiter know when you're invited to an interview, and we'll happily accommodate you for both online and onsite interviews.
Apart from this website, we're quite active on social media. Check @weareautostore for an inside look into our workdays.
Follow the rest of our social media channels for more general news, and when and where we show up for the next trade show.
Can’t find your job description in the list above?
Send us an open application.